New Member Education (NME) program overview
New Member Education Module
New Member Education is for new members of the SFL community.
A new member is a student who has accepted a bid or invitation for membership but has not yet been initiated (or crossed) into a sorority or fraternity. New Member can also be described as someone who is considering an offer of membership from a sorority or fraternity group within SFL or is in the process of qualifying for membership in an organization.
Depending on the chapter, a new member might also be called an associate member, neophyte, pledge or candidate.
- The NME Program has been modified and will occur in-person on Wednesday November 16, in Pacific Ballroom D at 6PM.
- Students participating in the NME Program will need to complete the following tasks listed below:
- Complete the Transcript Release Authorization form
- Complete the New Member Education (NME) program by attending in-person.
1. Submit Transcript Release Authorization form
Click the link above to submit your Transcript Release Authorization.
The Transcript Release Authorization form allows SFL to access your quarterly/cumulative grade reports. These grade reports are compiled and included in a community report and will individually let students select the chapter they are a new member of or slated to join.
NOTE: Students will be asked to login using their UCI NETID and select the organization they are joining as a member.
2a. New Member Education (NME) program - in person
Attendance is mandatory for all new members joining the SFL community in 2022-2023. New members/associate members/pledges have up to two (2) quarters to complete the NME program and RSVP by the link above or by clicking the picture/image below.
The next NME program will take place in Pacific Ballroom D on Wednesday May 10 at 6PM.
In-person education will be offered quarterly and take place in the Pacific Ballroom D and take place at 6PM.
Wednesday November 16
Wednesday February 22
Wednesday May 10
2b. New Member Education (NME) program (makeup assignment) - module (now available)
If you have joined a sorority or fraternity in the 2022-2023 academic year, you are required to participate in the NME program. New members have to complete to complete NME in the quarter they become a new member.
Students who complete the virtual program will be asked to login using their UCI NETID and select the SFL organization they are tied to.
- Participating students will be given a passing score if they score at least 90% correct on the associated quiz.
- Those who do not score at least 90% will be asked to re-take the quiz or revisit the module to show comprehension of the curriculum/topics included in the NME module.
- If you need to complete the NME program makeup assignment, please email email@example.com.
If you have already completed the NME education program virtually, you do not have to attend the in-person session.
For any questions about completing the SFL NME program, please contact Director Ed E-Nunu at firstname.lastname@example.org or the SFL office at email@example.com.